A refreshing and healthy detox drink is a thirst quenching and nutritious way to hydrate and recover this summer. If you are wondering where you can buy detox drinks, then don’t! This strawberry detox lemonade is a simple and easy detox drink recipe that you can prepare at home quickly.
The strawberry detox lemonade is one of my favorite summer drinks as it has naturally detoxifying ingredients which boost metabolism and make your skin glow. I have been trying some other detox drinks recipes as well, but this strawberry lemonade has some amazing benefits. If that sounds too good to be true then hear me out and see for yourself the list of all its super healthy ingredients:
Strawberries – More than Just Tasty
The basic ingredient of this natural detox drink- strawberries, add great nutritional value to lemonade as the low-glycemic fruit is free from carbs but packed with lots of vitamins- especially vitamin C, which is great for your skin and collagen production. Strawberries are full of antioxidants, so they are naturally detoxifying .
Lemons – In Most Detox Recipes
Adding lemon juice to a drink is perhaps the easiest way to make it detoxifying. Lemon being a citrus fruit, is loaded with vitamin C and antioxidants, which can boost fat burning, improve digestion, and skin health .
Honey – Anti-inflammatory and Antibacterial
Instead of using sugar and artificial sweeteners, I use honey for every detox drink recipe because honey is detoxifying in nature due to all the flavonoids, ascorbic acid, and phytochemicals it has. These phytochemicals also make honey anti-inflammatory. Due to its antibacterial properties, honey also prevents bacterial infections in the body .
Cucumber – Hydrate to Flush Toxins
If you want to make your detoxifying drinks more hydrating, add some cucumber. That’s right! Cucumber is loaded with water and fiber, which is great for our cells and tissues. Moreover, its daily intake can increase your Vitamin C consumption by 4 percent. There are also several other minerals that are present in cucumber flesh .
Apple Cider Vinegar – Great for Weight Loss
The apple cider vinegar is mostly recommended for weight loss, to treat skin problems like eczema and dry skin, and to control blood cholesterol and glucose levels .
Mint – Holistic Healing
That particular refreshing fragrance of mint leaves is enough to tell you how soothing and naturally healing these leaves are. Mint has been in use for centuries due to its healing properties; whether it is digestive problems, asthma, common cold, headache, bad breath, or weight loss, mint leaves extracts are beneficial to treat them all. For these reasons, mint is often added to a number of home detox drinks as well .
- Strawberries – WebMD
- Lemons – MedicalNewsToday
- Honey – MedicalNewsToday
- Cucumber – LiveScience
- Apple Cider Vinegar – WebMD
- Mint – FoodNDTV
Please let me know how this recipe goes when you make it! Post a picture and tag one of the below social media accounts:
Don’t forget to sign up for my newsletter so you don’t miss any future posts:
Strawberry Detox LemonadeYum
- Long spoon
- Cheesecloth (optional)
- Citrus Squeezer (optional)
- 1 1/2 cup Lemon juice fresh squeezed lemons taste the best, from about 8-10 lemons
- 14 oz Strawberries stems removed
- 1/2 whole Cucumber peeled
- 2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup Honey preferably raw and unfiltered
- 9 cups Water distilled, spring, or filtered
- Fresh mint optional
- Add the strawberries, cucumber, honey, and apple cider vinegar to a blender with a cup of the water. Blend until as thin as possible.
- You may optionally choose to strain the juice with a cheesecloth to remove the strawberry seeds. Pour the juice mix into a two quart pitcher.
- Add the remaining water and lemon juice. Stir with a long spoon.
- To serve: Muddle fresh mint in a glass* (optional). Then pour ice and the strawberry detox lemonade.