This watermelon berry fruit salad is a refreshing treat that can help you endure the heat this summer. This salad offers you all the right nutrients that you need for healthier living. The thing I like the most about this recipe is that it only takes a few minutes to prepare. All you need to do is prepare the fruit and the refreshing lemon vinaigrette.
Super Hydrating Watermelon
Watermelon is known for its hydrating effects; it has very high water and fiber content. So, whenever you are eating a watermelon, you are consuming more food in volume without as many calories. Moreover, the melon’s flesh is loaded with Vitamin C, A, B1, B5, and B6, which makes it great for skin, hair, muscle, heart, and cellular health. Lycopene present in the watermelon is proven to help prevent or beat cancer, and Cucurbitacin E in the watermelon is a plant-based antioxidant that helps reduce inflammation. In short, for a low calorie, weight-loss promoting, and healthy diet, watermelon is highly suggested as well as juicy fruit.
Strawberries and blueberries in this salad make it a complete meal. Berries are abundant in Phyto-nutrients, minerals, and vitamins. Blueberries, for instance, contain Vitamin K, calcium, manganese, zinc, and magnesium, which help keep the bones strong. And the antioxidants like polyphenols present in the berries are good for lowering blood pressure, inflammation, and risk of cancer. Whether you are on a low carb diet or looking for a diabetic diet, a salad with berries is an awesome meal to include.
Lemon thyme Vinaigrette: I Love Citrus!
Last, but certainly not least, is the refreshing lemon vinaigrette. It contains a good amount of citrus juice and lemon zest, mixed with thyme, olive oil, honey, and mustard. Lemon juice help improves digestion, skin, and heart’s health due to the antioxidants present.
Please let me know how this recipe goes when you make it! Post a picture and tag one of the below social media accounts:
1. Top 9 Health Benefits of Eating Watermelon – Healthline
2. Everything you need to know about blueberries – Medical News Today
3. Nutritional Benefits of the Strawberry –WebMD
4. How can lemons benefit your health? – Medical News Today
Watermelon Berry Salad with Lemon Thyme VinaigretteYum
- 1/4 medium Watermelon cubed
- 1/2 lb strawberries quartered
- 1 6oz container blueberries
- 1/2 cup vegan feta or regular feta if vegetarian
Lemon Thyme Vinaigrette
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon thyme or regular fresh thyme
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice juice of one large lemon, fresh is best
- 1 tsp honey or maple syrup
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp dijon mustard or spicy brown mustard
- salt to taste
- Combine the cubed watermelon, quartered strawberries, blueberries, and crumbled feta into a bowl.
- In a seperate bowl, whisk together the fresh thyme, lemon zest, lemon juice, honey, olive oil, dijon mustard, and a light amount of salt to taste.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the salad and toss to combine.