Can’t get enough of that roasted red pepper flavor that compliments hummus and other dishes so spectacularly? This red pepper coulis is the perfect dish enhancer for many different dishes! For those who don’t know, a coulis is a sauce made of puréed vegetables.
Red Pepper Coulis – The Perfect Dish Enhancer
There are a myriad of ways to serve this red pepper coulis. You can serve it with my Heavenly Oil-free Hummus recipe or Air Fryer Falafel recipe. You could use it as a savory pizza or flatbread sauce, swirl it in soups, line your plate with it as a bed for other entrees, or use it as a garnish. It’s tasty applications are endless!
Red Pepper Health Benefits
Red pepper is excellent for your body as well. In addition to many other vitamins and antioxidants, one red pepper has provides 169% of the Reference Daily Intake for vitamin C which is fantastic for your immunity . The capsaicin in peppers is also known to aid in weight loss .
Please let me know how this recipe goes when you make it! Post a picture and tag one of the below social media accounts:
Also, don’t forget to sign up for my newsletter so you don’t miss any future recipes:
- Bell Peppers 101: Nutrition Facts and Health Benefits – Healthline
- Boosting Brown Fat Through Diet – Nutritionfacts.org
Red Pepper Coulis
- Food Processor
- 2 whole Red bell peppers
- 1 tbsp Red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Ground red pepper
- 1 whole Shallot quartered
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a pan with parchment paper or spray with a little oil.
- Cut red peppers in half, remove their stems, and remove seeds.
- Place peppers cut side down in oven for 30-40 minutes, or until soft and nicely charred.
- Remove peppers from oven and place in a food processor.
- Add the red wine vinegar, salt, ground red pepper, and quartered shallot into the processor.
- Process until smooth.