Today I’m excited to share with you my Mediterranean Breakfast Casserole, vegetarian and high in protein! This vegetarian casserole is an ideal breakfast for all the family, and a perfect way to trick your picky eater child into eating more veggies! Moreover, the addition of the feta cheese is a special touch that will make this dish even tastier and richer in flavors.
Low in calories and high in fiber, due to the presence of different types of vegetables, this vegetarian casserole will also help you maintain a healthy diet and start your day in the best way possible. In addition, it is completely gluten-free, thus perfect also for people with celiac disease.
Last, this recipe is super easy and quick to make, and it is also a meal-prep-friendly breakfast. Indeed, you can make it ahead in less than forty-five minutes and enjoy it all week on the go!
Social Media Channels
Ingredient Selection Tips
Chose bright red and ripe fruits, slightly soft to the touch. These are good indicators of tastier and sweeter tomatoes. On the other hand, fruits hard to the touch are more acidic.
Prefer eggs that come from free breeding farms. In addition, remember to check the date of production printed on the eggshell, and make sure that the eggs have been properly stored and that they do not present any cracks.
Noteworthy Health Benefits
Tomatoes are a good source of several essential vitamins, like vitamin C, K, and B9, and minerals such as potassium, lycopene, and betacarotene. Regular consumption of tomatoes may help to improve skin and heart health and to prevent several diseases. In addition, this fruit is optimal to support eye health and tissue maintenance and to reduce inflammation in the body.
Eggs are one of the most nutritious foods. They are indeed rich in Vitamin A, B5, B2, B12, D, E, and K. they are also loaded with calcium, zinc, phosphorus, and selenium. Besides, eggs are high in good HDL cholesterol. They are also an incredible source of high-quality protein and contain precious antioxidants, that are responsible for promoting good eye health.
Mediterranean Breakfast CasseroleYum
- 5 cloves Garlic minced
- ½ Onion diced
- 2 Tomato medium-sized, sliced into thin rounds
- 4 handfuls Spinach
- ½ Red Bell Peper small dice
- 1 cup Artichoke Hearts canned or roasted
- 12 Eggs
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Pepper
- ½ tbsp Basil dried
- 2 tsp Oregano dried
- ½ tsp Thyme dried
- ⅖ cup Feta Cheese
- Top with fresh herbs like Rosemary, Basil, or Thyme optional
- Wash and cut all the veggies.
- Squeeze the liquid out of artichoke hearts and dice them too.
- Whisk the eggs in a large bowl.
- Add milk and all the condiments (salt, pepper, and your spices of choice).
- Incorporate then all the veggies, except for the tomatoes, and stir them well.
- Grease the casserole with olive oil.
- Pour the mixture in the pan, and then sprinkle the feta cheese on top, and add the diced tomatoes.
- If you like, top the casserole with fresh herbs like rosemary, basil, or thyme.
- Place the casserole in a preheated oven, and cook it until the center is well done (you can use a toothpick and see if it comes out clean).
❤️❤️Read About Me for details about my health journey; and, make sure you remember to sign up for my Newsletter and follow me on social❤️❤️!
Supporting me is appreciated as I create content to support your health journey.