Light and fresh, yet bursting with flavor and visually appealing: these cucumber appetizer bites with fresh dill and cherry tomatoes are fastly becoming one of my go-to Summer dishes. I truly love them as they are both incredibly easy to make and they do not require any cooking. Plus, they are extremely versatile and perfect for various occasions, from casual get-togethers to elegant cocktail parties. 🍸
Cucumber Appetizer Bites: a foolproof recipe! 💅🏼
Minimum effort for maximum yield: no sentence can better describe these cucumber appetizer bites, ready in less than 10 minutes, without the need to use any pan or fancy kitchen equipment!
All you have to do is season the cucumber rounds with some lemon juice, dill, salt, and pepper, and then place the mozzarella pearls and cherry tomatoes on top of them. Skewer everything with the aid of some toothpicks…et voila! A light, fresh, and simply scrumptious appetizer, perfect for your outdoor BBQs and picnics.
In addition, the recipe of these appetizer bites can be easily tweaked to meet different dietary requirements. For example, you can swap the mozzarella pearls with some plant-based feta, either store-bought or homemade. I recently found this homemade vegan feta recipe from Edgy Veg and I cannot wait to have some time to try it myself! The main ingredients are tofu, nutritional yeast, coconut oil, and white miso paste.
Alternatively, you can prep an incredible variant of the cucumber bites by substituting the cherry tomatoes with some watermelon cubes and using some mint leaves in place of the dill. I simply cannot get enough of the feta-watermelon combination. The sweeteners of the watermelon with the saltiness and sourness of the feta….my mouth is watering! 🤤
But get ready, I left the best part for last… These easy cucumber bites are actually a true powerhouse of nutrition for your body! 💣
Cucumber Appetizer Bites: a true powerhouse of nutrition! 💣
Low in calories, naturally gluten-free, and packed with precious micronutrients: let’s have a look at why these cucumber appetizer bites can support your overall well-being!
- The bites contain incredible water-rich foods (such as cucumber and cherry tomatoes). This means that, due to their high water content, you can eat A LOT of bites for very few calories. Plus, they will help you stay hydrated during the hot Summer days!
- A well-balanced meal (when paired with a source of carbs). As you might all know by now, consuming complete dishes (i.e. containing a source of carbs, a source of protein, some healthy fats, plus lots of good micronutrients and fibers) is key for feeling energized and satisfied after meals. In this case, the mozzarella pearls constitute the source of healthy fats + proteins, while the cucumbers and tomatoes offer all the essential minerals and vitamins (plus some fiber) our bodies need in order to thrive. The only macronutrient that is missing is, precisely, a source of complex carbohydrates. No worries: this might just look like a couple of slices of sourdough bread or a portion of brown wild rice!
- They are completely oil-free and low in sodium. Another thing I love about these cucumber dill bites is that they are completely oil-free and low in sodium. Indeed, the mozzarella pearls from Belgioioso I used in this recipe contain less than 4% of the DV of this mineral. My suggestion is to always opt for cheeses that are low in sodium, better for keeping our blood pressure in check and fighting water retention.
- Cucumbers are rich in antioxidants. Did you know that cucumbers are an excellent source of antioxidants? More specifically, they are incredibly rich in flavonoids, lignans, and triterpenes. These not only protect our cells from oxidative stress. They can also lessen the inflammation linked to arthritis and other long-term conditions. Moreover, these versatile veggies are super rich in vitamins. and minerals. Prominent among them are vitamin K, which helps in blood clotting and improves calcium absorption, and the power-duo potassium + magnesium, both helpful in keeping blood pressure stable and relieving muscle tension. Click here to learn more about the amazing benefits of cucumbers!
- And the same goes for tomatoes. The most prominent of which is lycopene. This is not only responsible for tomatoes’ characteristic color but is also linked to several benefits. Among them are reduced risk of heart disease and certain cancers, as well as improved circulation, and protection against bone demineralization and osteoporosis.
- They are great to promote healthy digestion. These bites are very easy to digest, as they are made with ingredients rich in water and low in fats. In addition, both cucumbers and cherry tomatoes are rich in soluble fiber. This type of fiber can prevent constipation and slow down the digestion process, thus ensuring regular bowel movements. Plus, the hydration boost you get from the water in these veggies can prevent you from getting stopped up (i.e. constipated) and makes the stool softer.
Overall, there are plenty of benefits to eating my cucumber appetizer bites! Plus, they are simply scrumptious, refreshing, and perfect for any occasion. 💯
I cannot wait for you to try my tasty cucumber appetizer bites with dill and cherry tomatoes! If you do, please tag my socials (all the links are down below). 💗
Easy Cucumber Appetizer Bites with Dill and Cherry TomatoesYum
- Place a layer of cucumber rounds on a tray.
- Squeeze the lemon juice on top of the cucumber rounds, and then add the chopped dill.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- One at a time, place a mozzarella pearl and a cherry tomato on top of the cucumber. Then push a toothpick down the cucumber round (my suggestion is to opt for a firm area, i.e. not where the seeds are).
- Serve you cucumber appetizer bites cold (optional, but highly suggested, is to let them rest for a couple of minutes in the fridge).
❤️❤️Read About Me for details about my health journey; and, make sure you remember to sign up for my Newsletter and follow me on social❤️❤️!
Supporting me is appreciated as I create content to support your health journey.