Buckle up for these amazing plant-based and gluten-free No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies! 🍪Healthy, delicious, and ready in less than 10 minutes (plus 30 minutes in the fridge) with just a saucepan and a lined baking tray. No need to turn on the oven – which is better for the environment – and your electricity bill! Plus, you can totally prep them in advance and consume them whenever you feel like it. They last for up to a week in an airtight container and two months in the refrigerator.
These Chocolate Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies are ideal for a nourishing breakfast, ideally paired with a source of protein – such as a bowl of Greek yogurt or a glass of plant-based milk – and some fruit. I personally love to combine a handful of berries with these vegan peanut butter chocolate cookies! Berries have truly become a staple in me and my kids’ diet.
Moreover, they can also make for a quick snack, or even a decadent yet wholesome dessert. I often make these chocolate peanut butter no-bake cookies during this festive time as a healthier alternative to traditional Christmas treats. All my guests have always loved them as much – or even more – than the sugar-loaded store-bought cookies.
Keep in mind though, while nutritious, they are calorically dense. This is good to keep in mind if you are trying to lose weight.
Chocolate Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies: eating cookies has never been so good for your body!
As said before, these vegan peanut butter chocolate cookies are truly nourishing and good for our bodies. Let’s see why.
- Made with just plant-based, whole food ingredients. These no-bake chocolate cookies are made with unprocessed, whole plant-based ingredients. These are not only richer in micronutrients but are also easier to digest. Plus, they contain more fiber than your traditional store-bought cookies. This means no more sudden blood sugar slumps or sluggishness after breakfast!
- Gluten-free. This recipe is completely gluten-free and suitable for people with celiac disease. Just make sure to use gluten-free oats, as some brands might process oats in facilities that process also other gluten-containing cereals. Here is the gluten-free oat I used for this recipe. If you want to know more about the health benefits of oats, click here.
- Sugar-free. Unlike the sugar-loaded cookies you can buy at the supermarket, my cookies are completely sugar-free and sweetened with just maple sugar (easily replaceable with monk fruit sweetener for a calorie-free alternative).
- Lots of minerals and antioxidants. The peanut butter and cocoa contained in these no-bake cookies are loaded with minerals (primarily iron, zinc, potassium, and magnesium) and antioxidants (such as flavonoids, thiamin, and vitamin E). All of them are essential for preventing oxidative stress, ensuring the good functioning of the nervous system, and speeding up energy metabolism.
- An easy way to add more protein to your diet. Each cookie contains around 4 grams of plant protein. (Most of which are coming from peanut butter. Click here to learn more about that). This is remarkable for a homemade, no-bake cookie (also considering you won’t stop at just one cookie 🤣).
If you loved these no-bake chocolate cookies, you should try these Strawberry Rhubarb Baked Oats, Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal Cookies, and Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies (no added sugars). And don’t forget to share the recipe and tag me in your socials if you try any of these recipes. All the links are down below). 💗
Chocolate Peanut Butter No-Bake CookiesYum
- 1 Saucepan
- 1 Parchment lined cookie sheet
- In a medium saucepan, combine the milk, coconut oil, maple syrup, and cocoa powder.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add in the shredded coconut, oats, peanut butter, vanilla extract, and salt.
- Place spoonfuls of mixture on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Place them in the freezer to set for at least 30 minutes. Here you have your chocolate peanut butter no-bake cookies!
- You can either store the cookies in an airtight container or refrigerate them.
❤️❤️Read About Me for details about my health journey; and, make sure you remember to sign up for my Newsletter and follow me on social❤️❤️!
Supporting me is appreciated as I create content to support your health journey.