I just love one-pot dishes! This Buffalo Chicken Casserole is easy to make, delicious, and good for your health and weight! This dish is creamy and nutrient-rich with lots of cruciferous vegetables with a side of wild rice, which makes the perfect weeknight dinner.
This recipe is part of my Winter Meal Prep series, and you can check other recipes for an easy and healthy diet during these cold days!
Ingredient Selection Tips
Chicken meat should have a pink, fleshy color and no hints of gray, as this can be an indicator that it’s not that fresh. You should also look for organic chicken, which will have no antibiotics, be non-GMO, and is healthier for you.
Look for cauliflower with cream/white color, with no brown spots or bruises. The head should be firm, and heavy in hand. Also, check for the leaves, they should be dark green, as that could be a sign that the cauliflower is fresh! Try to buy vegetables that are in season. Cauliflower is in season in some states in the Winter months, but not every state so be sure to research beforehand. If it’s not in season where you live, you can also buy frozen cauliflower, which is picked when fresh and frozen at perfect ripeness.
Noteworthy Health Benefits
Chicken is rich in lean protein (protein without a lot of fat), niacin, selenium, and phosphorus. It is also a good source of vitamin B6 and B12, and it is low in calories. Just consume it without the skin. It has numerous benefits for our health, such as:
- Supports weight loss
- Strengthens bone health
- Supports muscle growth
- Supports heart health
- May boost your mood
Broccoli has an amazing nutrient content. It is loaded with antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals: vitamin C, vitamin K, vitamin A, vitamin B9, potassium, phosphorus. All this has some health benefits for us:
- Reduces inflammation
- May protect against some cancers
- May help with blood sugar control
- Supports heart health
- Promotes healthy digestion
- Supports brain health
- Supports immune system
- May support dental and oral health
- May slow the aging process
- Supports bones health
Cauliflower is an amazing vegetable! It is rich in vitamins and minerals, such as vitamin C, vitamin K, vitamin B6, folate, manganese, potassium. It is low in calories, high in fiber, and a good source of antioxidants. It is characterized by a high composition of choline, which is a nutrient that most people are deficient in.
Cauliflower is definitely good for our health, and here is why:
- May assist in weight loss
- Fights inflammation
- Supports healthy digestion
- May lower risk of heart diseases
- May lower risk of diabetes
- May lower risk of cancer
- Supports healthy nervous system
- May reduce high blood sugar
Thanks to healthline.com for comprehensive information.
Buffalo Chicken CasseroleYum
- 1 lb Chicken breast poached and pulled
- 1 cup Wild rice prepped (or brown rice)1
- 1 Head broccoli cut into fleurettes and poached
- ⅖ head cauliflower cut into fleurettes and poached
- Cream Sauce
- 2 packets ranch seasoning 4 tbsp loose ranch seasoning, least preservatives and sugar possibl
- 6 ounces Parmesan fresh grated
- ½ cup Cayenne pepper sauce like Red Hot
- Olive oil spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix ranch seasoning in with the cream sauce.
- Add poached broccoli, cauliflower, chicken, and wild rice. Mix.
- Spray casserole dish and put in the mixture. Smooth with a spatula until flat.
- Top lightly with freshly grated parmesan.
- Drizzle buffalo sauce on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes.