❤️❤️Make sure you remember to sign up for my Newsletter and follow me on social❤️❤️!
If you are searching for a warming, comforting, and healthy winter meal, you are at the right place! This Smokey Vegan Butternut Chili will conquer everyone in the family! Besides, it is meal-prep friendly too: you can make a larger portion and save it in the fridge for a few days.
Vegan butternut chili health benefits
The main ingredients of the vegan butternut chili are all easy to find and jam-packed in nutrients.
The first is butternut squash. This amazing vegetable is loaded with nutrients. Indeed, it contains numerous vitamins and minerals such as calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium copper, and phosphorus. All these minerals can help to lower the risk of heart disease and cancer, regulate blood pressure, and boost immunity. Butternut squash can also be a precious ally in losing weight, due to its quite low caloric power.
The second ingredient is beans. This legume is indeed a powerhouse of nutrients. They are an excellent source of fiber, protein, antioxidants, iron, magnesium, potassium, zinc, and folate. In addition, they help promote good gut health and to prevent diabetes and fatty liver.
Social Media Channels
Ingredient Selection Tips
Make sure to always check the ingredients list when buying canned beans. In particular, try to avoid added salt, sugar, or additives.
Liquid smoke is usually near the barbecue sauce on supermarket shelves. Read the food label to make sure that the product you are buying is all-natural.
Noteworthy Health Benefits
Beans are an excellent source of fiber, protein, antioxidants, iron, magnesium, potassium, zinc, and folate. Find out why they are good for our health:
- They can help lower the risk of heart disease
- Beans are good for weight management
- They can help reduce the risk of cancer
- Beans can prevent diabetes
- They can prevent fatty liver
- This legume is also good for gut health
Butternut Squash is an amazing vegetable. It is loaded with nutrients while being low in calories. Indeed, it contains vitamins such as vitamins A, C, E, B1, B3, B6, B9, and minerals like calcium, iron, copper, phosphorus, magnesium, potassium, and manganese.
Let’s list some of its main health benefits:
- It may help lower the risk of heart disease
- Butternut squash help to reduce the risk of some cancers
- It may protect against mental decline
- This veggie may help in losing weight
- It may help in lowering blood pressure
- Butternut squash can prevent asthma
- It is good for hair and skin health
- This powerful food may lower cancer risk
- It is good for healthy digestion
- Butternut squash can boost immunity
Smokey Butternut ChiliYum
- 4 cans Beans mix of any of the following: pinto, light or red kidney bean, cannellini, navy, fava, great northern, chickpea
- 1 Medium Butternut Squash diced (if from frozen, adjust cook time to just assimilate flavors)
- 1 Onion diced
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 15 oz Tomatoes canned, diced
- 15oz Tomato sauce canned
- 1 Red bell pepper diced
- ½ tbsp Liquid smoke
- 1 tbsp Chili powder
- 1 tbsp Smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp Cumin
- ½ tsp red pepper or cayenne ground, adjust to taste
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- Heat oil in a large pot or Instant pot
- Sauté onion, garlic, and red bell pepper until onion is starting to turn translucent.
- Add all ingredients to the pan and mix.
- If on the stove, bring to boil and then lower to a simmer. Cover. Simmer until butternut squash is cooked, ~10 minutes. If cooking in a pressure cooker put the lid on and set to sealing. Pressure cook high for 3 minutes.
- Adjust salt, pepper, and ground red pepper, as needed.