Smokey Butternut ChiliYum
- 4 cans Beans mix of any of the following: pinto, light or red kidney bean, cannellini, navy, fava, great northern, chickpea
- 1 Medium Butternut Squash diced (if from frozen, adjust cook time to just assimilate flavors)
- 1 Onion diced
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 15 oz Tomatoes canned, diced
- 15oz Tomato sauce canned
- 1 Red bell pepper diced
- ½ tbsp Liquid smoke
- 1 tbsp Chili powder
- 1 tbsp Smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp Cumin
- ½ tsp red pepper or cayenne ground, adjust to taste
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- Heat oil in a large pot or Instant pot
- Sauté onion, garlic, and red bell pepper until onion is starting to turn translucent.
- Add all ingredients to the pan and mix.
- If on the stove, bring to boil and then lower to a simmer. Cover. Simmer until butternut squash is cooked, ~10 minutes. If cooking in a pressure cooker put the lid on and set to sealing. Pressure cook high for 3 minutes.
- Adjust salt, pepper, and ground red pepper, as needed.