Who doesn’t love pasta? We all do!
But what we don’t like is what it can do to our figure, especially if we are trying to lose weight.
Well, I have great news – Shrimp Edamame Spaghetti!
This Shrimp Edamame Linguini you can enjoy without the any guilt! It is very easy to make and very nutritious!
Edamame spaghetti is made from edamame bean flour.
|Nutrients||Amount in a 155-gram cup of shelled edamame beans||Recommended daily intake (adult)|
|Carbohydrate (g)||13.8 of which 3.3 is sugar||130|
Some of the health benefits are:
- Edamame contains calcium, phosphorus, iron, vitamin E, and other nutrients that are required for maintaining healthy bones.
- With its nutrients, vitamins, and antioxidants it helps in strengthening the immune system
- It contains genistein and thus may help in enhancing lung function in those suffering from chronic respiratory issues.
- Consumption of edamame may also be beneficial in managing weight. These beans have a high protein content and fewer calories, which makes them an ideal snack for weight-conscious people.
- The health benefits of edamame include a healthy digestive system. It is a good source of fiber that facilitates digestion.
- Soy foods like edamame may be beneficial in reducing the risk of cardiovascular diseases as they may improve the control of insulin and blood glucose levels.
-In the US, most edamame is sold frozen. You can easily heat the beans by boiling, pan-frying, or microwaving them for a few minutes.
-Try to find organically grown edamame, since soybean production is mostly GMO
Shrimps is very nutritious.
They are fairly low in calories, and they don’t contain any carbohydrates. One serving size provides more than 20 different minerals and vitamins.
Shrimp is one of the best food sources of iodine (a mineral that is required for proper thyroid function and brain health), and it contains an antioxidant called astaxanthin which is good for brain and heart health.
In one (85-gram) serving of shrimp:
- Calories: 76
- Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 292mg
- Carbohydrates: 1g
- Fiber: 0g
- Sugars: 0g
- Protein: 15g
-Shrimp are high in cholesterol, which can increase the cholesterol in the blood for some people (research shows that only a quarter of the population is sensitive to dietary cholesterol), so try not to eat it too often. A balanced diet is always the best option.
-Try to find wild or US-farmed shrimps, as some imported shrimp may contain antibiotics. When buying shrimp, consider its odor and color. It should be firm and have a mild ocean-like smell. Try to purchase it from a trusted supplier.
Please let me know how this recipe goes when you make it! Post a picture and tag one of the below social media accounts:
Don’t forget to sign up for my newsletter so you don’t miss any future posts:
Shrimp Edamame LinguiniYum
- 4 Edamame Spaghetti or other spaghetti or linguini style pasta
- 1 lb Shrimp
- 1 Zuchinni quartered and diced
- 1 Yellow Squash quartered and diced
- 1 Onion diced
- 4 Garlic Cloves minced
- 10 oz Fresh Spinach packed
- 1 cup Cherry tomatoes halved
- Parmesan for garnish, optional
- 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt 0% fat plain
- 1/4 cup Tahini
- 1/2 tsp Ground Red Pepper
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice or juice of one lemon
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 2 tbsp Parsley
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Salt or to taste
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Make pasta, rinse with cold water while draining and set aside
- Mix dry seasonings except the ground red pepper into a quart sized bag. Add defrosted shrimp into the bag and shake to coat.
- Oil a pan and heat over medium. When oil is shimmering, add shrimp. Cook the shrimp for 2-3 minutes on each side, flipping only once midway.
- Remove shrimp and put on a plate. Set aside.
- Add diced onion, garlic, squash, and zuchinni into the pan. Cook until all veggies have started to soften and onions are somewhat translucent.
- Add fresh spinach and cherry tomatoes to pan. Cook until spinach has softened. Turn the pan down low.
- Meanwhile mix together creamy red pepper sauce. Add Greek yogurt, tahini, lemon juice, milk, and ground red pepper. Mix to combine. Add salt to taste.
- Add the creamy red pepper sauce, pasta, and cooked shrimp into the pan. Stir to combine. Once everything is heated throughout, serve!