Craving pumpkin pie as fall season approaches and also looking for a quick whole food on-the-go breakfast recipe to fuel your run, cycle, swim, or other endurance sport!? Look no further! These Pumpkin Pie Breakfast Cookies (with Dark Chocolate) will curb those pumpkin pie cravings with a healthy alternative cookie recipe and give you a quick energy boost for your endurance training!
Pumpkin Pie Breakfast Cookies
- Food Processor
- 3 cups Old Fashioned Oats
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 1 cup Canned Pumpkin
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup Grade A – The real stuff!
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger Or one tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp Cloves
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 cup Dark Chocolate Chips (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray.
- Pulse the oats in food processor until roughly chopped. Put in a mixing bowl and mix with all of the other dry ingredients: almond flour, salt, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl, wisk all of the wet ingredients together: pumpkin, maple syrup, and coconut oil.
- Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients and blend. Add chocolate chips if you would like!
- Use a 1/4 measuring cup to drop the batter onto the baking sheet. Space one inch apart and press down lightly.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 30-35 minutes or until sides and bottom are golden brown.