Breakfast egg muffins are a perfect nutritious winter breakfast. These Meatball Veggie Egg Muffins can be ready in a few minutes, and you can batch cook them if you follow my Winter Meal Prep series. It is great for an on the go breakfast, and it is kid friendly, too! With this delicious recipe, you can be sure that you or your family will have a high protein, healthy and tasty breakfast to begin the day. You can also add some greens in there such as spinach, for extra nutrients.
Ingredient Selection Tips
Try to find organic eggs, as they have more micronutrients than conventional eggs on the market. Always put your eggs in the refrigerator, as this will keep them fresh for longer. Also, check the eggshells when buying – they should be clean and with no cracks on them.
Noteworthy Health Benefits
Turkey is an extremely nutritious food. It is a great source of protein, vitamins B3, B6, B12, selenium, sodium, phosphorus, zinc.
The nutrients in turkey vary depending on the cut. Light meat has less calories and fat, and a somewhat greater protein content, whereas dark meat has more fat but also more nutrients. If you’re watching your weight, be aware that the skin contains the most calories and fat.
Here are some health benefits:
- May lower risk of cancer
- May help in diabetes management
- May lower bad cholesterol
- Protects from cognitive decline
Eggs are highly nutritious. They are a great source of protein and healthy fat, and also contain Vitamins B2, B12, B5, A, selenium, folate, phosphorus.
Here are some health benefits of having eggs in your regular diet:
- They can raise good cholesterol
- They can reduce the risk of heart disease
- They are good for eye health
- May reduce risk of stroke
- May help in weight management
- They help maintain healthy body tissues
- They are good for brain health
- They are important for a healthy pregnancy
Meatball Veggie Egg MuffinsYum
- Prepped Turkey Spinach Meatballs see link to recipe in notes below
- 8 Eggs large
- Roasted Root Veggies from Winter Roasted Veggies see link to recipe in notes below
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Beat 8 eggs with milk, salt, and pepper.
- Spray muffin tin molds. Add foil cupcake liners.
- Place meatball in center of each liner.
- Pour egg mixture ½ way up liner.
- Place root veggie mix in the mold of each liner.
- Pour remaining egg on top of each liner (to seal in veggies).
- Bake until meatball is at least 160 degrees and egg has set, ~30 minutes.
- Enjoy as a breakfast on the go!
❤️❤️Read About Me for details about my health journey; and, make sure you remember to sign up for my Newsletter and follow me on social❤️❤️!
Supporting me is appreciated as I create content to support your health journey.