Thanksgiving is finally here! 🦃 This means family gatherings, lots of laughter… and delicious Thanksgiving food! If you are looking for the perfect sauce to accompany your holiday Turkey (or your plant-based Tofurky), try my mouthwatering cranberry pomegranate sauce with spicy jalapeños!
This cranberry pomegranate jalapeños sauce is not only super healthy. (I even included a sugar-free option in the recipe box down below). It’s also the perfect combination of the sweetness of the cranberries, the spiciness of the minced jalapeños, and the tanginess of the pomegranate juice. The result is a sauce with a very balanced taste, that goes very well with both meat-based dishes as well as their plant-based alternatives. For example, I love it with my Savory Oven-Baked Turkey, but also with Meatless Meatloaf and Easy Tofu Chorizo.
However, the thing I love the most about this cranberry sauce recipe is that it has such a unique flare. Especially in comparison to the ones you can usually find on the web. Plus, it has amazing health benefits too. Let’s see what’s so special with my Pomegranate Cranberry sauce!
What’s different with my Cranberry Pomegranate Sauce?
- Fat-free and naturally plant-based: some of the cranberry sauce recipes out there contain cream cheese. This is why I am proud to say that I managed to create a completely fat-free sauce, made with just 4 wholesome and nourishing plant-based ingredients. Namely, pomegranate juice, cranberries, jalapenos, and coconut sugar or monk fruit sweetener.
- Lots of vitamins and antioxidants: both cranberries and pomegranates are among the highest sources of antioxidants, fiber, and vitamin C. Plus, they can both help fight urinary tract infections and protect against gastric ulcers and stomach cancer. If you want to learn more about the amazing benefits of pomegranates, please consider reading this article.
- Sugar-free option: the original version of my cranberry sauce contains unrefined coconut sugar. However, I have managed to also include a sugar-free alternative to it – namely monk fruit sweetener. This is a completely natural and zero-calorie sweetener that contains mogroside. This is a powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory compound that can inhibit the production of free radicals.
- A unique spicy touch: this cranberry pomegranate jalapenos sauce has a unique spicy touch to it, which makes it so different from the classic cranberry sauces you can find on supermarket shelves.
- No unpleasant pomegranate seeds: one thing I hate about pomegranate sauces is that they usually contain whole pomegranate seeds, which I find very hard to chew. This is why I decided to substitute them all together with pomegranate juice. Obviously, without compromising the taste of the sauce.
If you try this recipe, please share it and tag me on your socials. And I wish you a peaceful and joyful Thanksgiving! 💗
Cranberry Pomegranate Sauce with JalapeñosYum
- Simmer to dissolve sugar or monk fruit in the pomegranate juice in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in the cranberries and cook them until they start to pop. It takes about 10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from heat and place the sauce in a bowl. It will thicken as it cools.
❤️❤️Read About Me for details about my health journey; and, make sure you remember to sign up for my Newsletter and follow me on social❤️❤️!
Supporting me is appreciated as I create content to support your health journey.