These homemade Ground Turkey & Spinach Meatballs are light and delicious and perfect to add to your weekly meal plan. They can be a meal on their own or combined with some veggies and pasta, added to a sandwich, with a tomato-based sauce and rice, or a buddha bowl. There are so many healthy options, I used it as a breakfast meal in my Meatball Veggie Egg Muffins which are delicious and a must-try!
Ingredient Selection Tips
When buying ground turkey, be aware of the different fat content. The frozen option is usually dark meat and often with some skin, and this one contains the most fat. Ground turkey breast is the lowest in fat, but it can be dry. Regular ground turkey that you can find in most stores is usually a combination of light and dark meat. The best quality meat is grass-fed, organic, or meat from a butcher store.
Always try to find eggs that are free-range or organic, as they’ll be higher in nutritional value. You can place them in the refrigerator to keep them fresh for longer. Also, check the date when eggs came to the store, the fresher the better!
Noteworthy Health Benefits
Ground Turkey is a very nutritious food. It is loaded with proteins, vitamins B3, B6, B12, selenium, sodium, phosphorus, and zinc.
Nutrients in turkey depend on the cut. Lighter-colored meat is lower in calories and fat and slightly higher in protein. Dark meat is higher in fat but also higher in nutrients. The skin contains the highest amount of calories and fat.
Here are some health benefits of eating Ground Turkey:
- May lower risk of cancer
- May help in diabetes management
- May lower bad cholesterol
- Protects from cognitive decline
Spinach is called a superfood. Greens are very important to have in your diet. Spinach is rich in complex carbs, and insoluble fiber, and it is also packed with different vitamins and minerals like vitamins A, C, K1, folic acid, iron, calcium, potassium, magnesium, and vitamins E, B6, B9 which are all essential for good health.
The health benefits of eating spinach regularly are:
- May lower risk of cancer
- Benefit eyes health
- Reduces oxidative stress
- May reduce blood pressure level
- May help with diabetes management
- May help with asthma prevention
- It is good for bone health
- Promotes healthy skin and hair
- Promotes healthy digestive tract
Part of the information taken from healthline.com and medicalnewstoday.com
Better than Rachael Ray’s Ground Turkey & Spinach MeatballsYum
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees (if roasting)
- Scramble eggs in a large bowl.
- Mix ingredients with your hands.
- Form into 1" wide balls.
- Place in oven and cook about 20 minutes or until center of meatball is at least 160 degrees
- Alternatively, you can brown in a pan with a little oil and then cook in a sauce, such as my Turkey Meatballs In Creamy Pesto Sauce Over Spaghetti Squash.
- Enjoy in buddha bowls and sauces!
❤️❤️Read About Me for details about my health journey; and, make sure you remember to sign up for my Newsletter and follow me on social❤️❤️!
Supporting me is appreciated as I create content to support your health journey.