Bruschetta

Pages on this site may contain affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something, I may earn an affiliate commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support! Learn More


Also note: While I am a certified nutrition coach, I am not a medical doctor. Information here is not intended to be a replacement for the advice you should seek from your doctor.

Who likes an appetizer of fresh bruschetta!? This recipe is fairly simple, yet will impress everyone at the table and make any dinner fancy. I’ve had so many cherry tomatoes in my garden, it’s been a challenge to keep up. 

I’ve also made the Balsamic reduction completely sugar-free – sugar is really unnecessary with the sweetness of a balsamic reduction. 

While I made my bread from scratch, all you need to do is purchase a French bread baguette from the bakery. 

Let’s see why this delicious bruschetta recipe is also healthy for you and your family and friends.

Cherry tomatoes

Did you know that botanically tomato is a fruit? Usually red, tomatoes can also come in different colors, like yellow, orange, green, and purple, and also in many different shapes and sizes. It consists of 95% of water and the other 5% are fiber and carbohydrates.

Tomatoes are full of vitamin C, potassium, folate, and vitamin K. They are a great source of the antioxidant lycopene, which has many benefits for our health.

Here are the nutrients in a small (100-gram) raw tomato:

  • Calories: 18
  • Water: 95%
  • Protein: 0.9 grams
  • Carbs: 3.9 grams
  • Sugar: 2.6 grams
  • Fiber: 1.2 grams
  • Fat: 0.2 grams

Health benefits:

  • May Reduce Risk of Prostate Cancer
  • Supports Heart Health
  • Aids Eyesight
  • Protects Against Sun Damage
  • May Reduce Risk of Diabetes Complications

Tips

Tomatoes are easy to grow in home conditions! Find species best for your growing space – location geographically and where they are planted matter (ground or pot). Growing your own food is incredibly fun and satisfying!

Notes

Alert to my clients and those watching their figure! This recipe is very delicious and addicting! This recipe is a great addition to a healthy diet, but the refined carbohydrates in the bread and caloric density of the olive oil adds up. Like everything, enjoy in moderation.

https://www.verywellfit.com/tomatoes-nutrition-facts-calories-and-health-benefits-4119981

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/foods/tomatoes#benefits

Give this recipe a try, and let us know how it goes in the comments!

Please let me know how this recipe goes when you make it! Post a picture and tag one of the below social media accounts:

white plate full of bruschetta

Bruschetta

Yum Caitlin Havener
This recipe is fairly simple, yet will impress everyone at the table and make any dinner fancy. I've also made the Balsamic reduction completely sugar-free – sugar is really unnecessary with the sweetness of balsamic reduction.
No ratings yet
Prep Time 10 mins
Total Time 20 mins
Course Appetizer, Snack
Cuisine Italian, Mediterranean
Servings 12
Calories 130 kcal

Ingredients
  

  • 1 cup balsamic vinegar
  • 1 French bread baguette cut into rounds⁣
  • 1/3 cup olive oil
  • 3 garlic cloves minced⁣
  • 1/2 tsp Red pepper flakes
  • 2-4 oz Parmesan wedge grated, optional
  • 3 cup Cherry tomatoes quartered
  • 2 handfuls fresh basil roughly chopped
  • salt and pepper to taste

Instructions
 

  • Place balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer on the stove. Simmer until liquid has reduced by about half, while stirring occasionally to prevent burning. Keep warm until use – reduction will thicken significantly when it cools.⁣
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees. ⁣
  • Place 1/4 cup olive oil in a small bowl and add the minced garlic. Brush the garlic olive oil mixture on each bread round and place on a cookie sheet. ⁣
  • Place the cookie sheet on the top rack and toast the bread rounds until they start to turn gold on the edges – about 10 minutes.⁣
  • Meanwhile in another bowl, mix the quartered cherry tomatoes, roughly chopped basil, remaining olive oil, red pepper flakes, and a little salt and pepper. ⁣
  • Place the toasted bread rounds on a nice plate. Add a heaping spoonful of the bruschetta to each bread round.⁣
  • Carefully drizzle the balsamic reduction over the bread rounds topped with bruschetta. Just drizzle it straight from the saucepan, if you try to put it in another container it will just harden too much to work with.⁣
  • Optionally, grate some fresh parmesan over the bruschetta.

Notes

Nutrition

Calories: 130kcalCarbohydrates: 10gProtein: 4gFat: 7.8gSaturated Fat: 2.3gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 96mgPotassium: 115mgFiber: 0.7gSugar: 5.5gCalcium: 93mg
Keyword bruschetta
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!

What do you think?

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.