❤️❤️Make sure you remember to sign up for my Newsletter and follow me on social❤️❤️!
These healthy Apple Pie Oatmeal Cookies will make your life easier! Ideal for your meal prep, you can bake them in bulk, store them in an airtight container, and take them with you wherever you go in the morning. Besides, you can freeze these cookies to make them last even longer!
The Apple Pie Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies are fully plant-based and high in protein. Plus, unlike many other healthy cookies recipes, they have no banana in them. Although these cookies are not gluten-free, you can easily substitute the whole wheat flour with almond flour or a gluten-free blend.
This recipe is part of my Winter Meal Prep for Weight Loss. Make sure to check it out for other healthy and delicious recipes, ideal for the colder months!
Ingredient Selection Tips
Vanilla Protein Powder
There is an extensive selection of protein powders on the market, so you can try the one that suits you best. Always look for the no sugar or unrefined sugar option.
Always try to find unsweetened apple sauce, as there is no need for additional sugar.
Noteworthy Health Benefits
Oats are fiber-loaded, gluten-free, and very versatile in the kitchen. You can use this ingredient for making healthy breakfasts, pastries, cookies, and desserts.
They are rich in zinc, phosphorus, magnesium, potassium, copper, manganese, and iron.
A regular intake of this exceptional food can bring you several different health benefits. Here are some of them:
- They can lower bad cholesterol
- May lower blood sugar level
- Keeps you feeling full, which is good if you are watching your weight
- Eases constipation
- Lower risk of colon cancer
- It may have an anti-inflammatory effect
Apples contain lots of fiber, antioxidants, and vitamins.
Here are some benefits of eating apples regularly:
- Apples may help lower cholesterol
- They may do good for bone health
- They can help lower the risk of heart disease
- Apples are good for gut health
- May protect against diabetes
Walnuts are an incredible food. They are rich in omega-3 fats, and antioxidants and they are also low in carbs. 65% of walnuts are fats (polyunsaturated), and 15% are proteins, which means they are pretty high in calories.
Walnuts are also rich in copper, vitamin B6, phosphorus, folic acid, manganese, and vitamin E.
- Walnuts help lower the risk of heart diseases
- They are good for brain health
- They may prevent some types of cancer
Apple Pie Oatmeal CookiesYum
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray it with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, add unsweet applesauce and ground flax. Mix well and wait a few minutes to allow the flax seeds to form a gel.
- Add the protein powder, salt, baking powder, whole wheat flour, and apple pie spices. Mix until everything is well combined.
- Fold the mixture in oats, diced apples, and walnuts.
- Place the cookies on the baking sheet.
- Bake for ~35 minutes at 350° F, or until the cookies are firm, and the sides and bottom are golden brown.