These cookies you can bake in bulk and will make your life easier! Make a quantity for several days, pack in boxes, and take it with you wherever you go in the morning. You can also try freezing them to make them last even longer. These oatmeal cookies are plant based, vegan, high in protein, and have no banana in them. They go well with tea, coffee, squeezed juice, or some non-dairy milk, like almond. These cookies will help to make sure you’re starting the day with a nutrient dense, healthy, and delicious breakfast for your kids and other family members. These aren’t gluten-free but you can always try subbing for almond flour or a gluten-free blend.
Ingredient Selection Tips
Vanilla Protein Powder
There is an extensive selection on the market of protein powders, so you can try the one that suits you best. Always look for the no sugar or unrefined sugar option.
Always try to find unsweetened apple sauce, as there is no need for additional sugar.
Noteworthy Health Benefits
Oats are fiber-loaded, gluten-free, and versatile in the kitchen. You can use it for making a healthy breakfast, pastries, cookies, healthy desserts.
They are rich in zinc, phosphorus, magnesium, potassium, copper, manganese, iron.
Regular intake of this phenomenal food can bring you many health benefits, and here are some of them:
- They can lower bad cholesterol
- May lower blood sugar level
- Keeps you feeling full, which is good if you are watching your weight
- Eases constipation
- Lower risk of colon cancer
- It may have an anti-inflammatory effect
Apples contain lots of fiber, antioxidants, and vitamins.
Here are some benefits of eating apples regularly:
- May lower cholesterol
- May do good for bone health
- May lower risk of heart disease
- They are good for gut health
- May protect against diabetes
Walnuts are incredible foods. They are rich in omega-3 fats, antioxidants, and low in carbs. 65% of walnuts are fats (polyunsaturated), and 15% are proteins, which means they are pretty high in calories.
Walnuts are also rich in copper, vitamin B6, phosphorus, folic acid, manganese, vitamin E.
- May lower risk of heart diseases
- They are good for brain health
- May prevent some cancers
Apple Pie Oatmeal CookiesYum
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, add unsweet applesauce and ground flax. Mix well and wait a few min to allow flax to gel.
- Add protein powder, salt, baking powder, whole wheat flour, and apple pie spice. Mix well to combine.
- Fold in oats, diced apples, and walnuts.
- Drop a quarter cup each on baking sheet and lightly press down.
- Bake ~35 minutes at 350 degrees or until firm and sides and bottom are golden brown.